There are a few important precautions that you should take into consideration while traveling in Iran:
1. Like any tourist attraction in the world do not carry too much money on you.
2. Avoid showing your money in public places.
3. Do not be scared if you are lost; ask people for directions. They are extremely friendly.
4. If you are lost just take a taxi. All you have to say is, ” Dar . Bast .” Just tell the driver the name of your hotel and he will take you directly there. Taxis are pretty cheap in Iran. You have to pay maximum 10$ for 50 Km.
5. Also, you can buy a map of Tehran easily from book stores.
6. Although health care is pretty cheap in Iran, you should try to have travel insurance in case of an emergency